Nutrition Facts per Serving: Calories – 100, Total Fat – 5.5g, Sodium – 15mg, Total Carbohydrates – 11.1g, Protein – 2.7g
Looking for a simple side dish to use garden-fresh yellow squash? Try this straight forward version of fried squash.
Yield: 6 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Difficulty Rating: Easy
2 cups yellow squash, finely chopped
1 cup onion, finely chopped
1 egg, beaten
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
½ cup plus 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
1. In a large bowl, combine squash, onion, egg, salt and pepper. Mix well. Stir in flour.
2. In a skillet, heat ½-inch oil over medium-high heat.
3. Drop batter by tablespoonfuls into oil.
4. Cook about 3 minutes per side or until golden brown, turning once.
5. Drain croquettes on paper towels.