Low carb Mexi Baked Chicken
2 (4 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breasts
2 teaspoons taco seasoning
1/2 cup salsa, any degree of heat (I prefer Newman’s Own; it’s low in sugar)
1/2 cup shredded low-fat cheddar cheese (I prefer the Mexi-blend)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Spray a shallow, small baking dish with non-stick spray.
3. Coat chicken lightly with taco seasoning, on both sides; spoon salsa over top of breast.
4. Bake, uncovered, about 45 minutes.
5. Sprinkle cheese on both breasts evenly; bake for another 5 minutes or until cheese is melted through.
Garnish with green onions, optional
Serving is one chicken breast. Calories 197 5g of fat and 4g net carbs