HOME MADE CAKE DEODORANT:
• 6 Tbsp Coconut Oil (UN melted)
• 1/4 Cup Baking Soda
• 1/4 Cup Cornstarch
• Glass Jar
1. Mix the baking soda and cornstarch together in a medium-sized mixing bowl.
2. Mash in coconut oil with a fork until it’s mixed well.
3. Add oils or scents as desired.
4. Store in a small glass jar or old deodorant tube if you prefer.
Tips for Home made Deodorant Use
Give it a few days. You have probably been using chemically-packed deodorants for years. Give it a few days for your body to adjust to the less-harsh home made deodorant.
If it’s too itchy? If you have very sensitive skin, you may notice that the home made deodorant is itchy at times. If that’s the case, ease up on the baking soda in your recipes. Instead, add a little more cornstarch to the equation. By adding less baking soda, the deodorant will become less stiff and won’t be as itchy.