Cajun Shrimp and Quinoa Casserole
¾ lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
4 medium tomatoes, cut into chunks
1 jalapeno, seeded and chopped
½ C chopped sweet onion
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 tbsp tomato paste
3 tbsp olive oil
2½ tsp cajun seasoning
Salt and pepper to taste
2½ C cooked quinoa
1/4 C shredded fontina cheese
Fresh cilantro for garnish
– Toss the shrimp and 1 tsp Cajun seasoning together, set aside.
– Toss the tomatoes with 1 tbsp olive oil and 1 tsp Cajun seasoning, set aside.
– Heat 1 tbsp olive oil over medium heat in a cast iron skillet.
– Cook the shrimp until opaque, about 2-3 minutes per side. Remove from the pan and set aside.
– Add the remaining 1 tbsp of olive oil to the pan along with the onion, jalapeno and garlic.
– Cook until the onion and jalapeno are tender, stirring often.
– Mix in the quinoa, tomato paste, ½ tsp Cajun seasoning and tomato chunks.
– Top with the shrimp and then sprinkle with the fontina cheese.
– Place in the oven and bake at 350 for 15 minutes.
– During the last 2 minutes, turn on the broiler to high and broil until the cheese is slightly brown and bubbly.
– Garnish with fresh cilantro.